Social media and content manager
We are currently looking for a new social media and content manager to join our team.
We are a communications and PR consultancy. We make positive impact. For our clients, for our community, for each other, we work together to make things better. We are guided in everything we do as a business by our four values – to make positive impact, to push boundaries, look after each other and embrace difference. We have a fully hybrid and flexible working policy supporting home-working alongside access to a new wellbeing-centred co-working space in Brighton
You are a highly experienced and confident social media and content specialist who can lead campaigns and provide expert client consultancy with at least three years’ experience. This needs to include some agency experience.
You are an excellent communicator, with good organisational skills who can build strong relationships with clients and partners. You have good knowledge and experience working across all social media platforms and are an excellent writer. And you want to be part of a team that takes an active interest in the wider community.
About the role
The social media and content manager role will provide the following:
- Senior strategic support and advice for clients on best approaches to generate content engagement and followers, both organically and through paid activity
- Creative ideas and delivery of content – and support idea generation with other team members
- Extensive technical expertise for all social media channels, scheduling platforms and reporting software
- Basic design capabilities for creating visually engaging content
- Consultancy and delivery of acquisition campaigns and strategic counsel to deliver paid/boosted social media campaigns
- Writing social media short-form and longer-form digital content
- Prepare regular reports using SproutSocial, summarising the performance of social media activity with insights and recommendations on how to increase effectiveness.
- Create, copywrite and design newsletter content in Mailchimp, and distribute to selected audiences
- Senior client support and client management
- Attend and lead client meetings and provide counsel as needed
- Support and attend new business meetings and pitches
- Mentoring and support for team members on social media and content
- Internal team training and some people management (line management) responsibility
- Helping maintain high quality, high standards and strong results amongst the team
Key skills, experience and qualifications required
- Excellent social media knowledge, technical expertise and knowledge
- Excellent written English for short form and long form content and experience in editing copy
- Proficient in using social media design and scheduling software, including Canva and SproutSocial
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise different tasks and demands
- People management skills – able to manage team’s workloads, brief well, run and report for development/appraisal meetings
- New business skills – supporting MD/director in pitching, developing response to brief and presenting to prospective clients
- A self-starter able to juggle different demands
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs and trending topics
- Degree educated with at least three years’ social media experience and at least one year in agency
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date, 11pm on Sunday 21 November.
Interviews will take place between 25 and 30 November.