PR and digital communications internship / account assistant
Following a number of new client wins and recent growth, we are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who is keen to experience the fast-changing world of PR and digital communications. We’ve been running paid annual internships since we set up in 2010.
This paid internship will run from January or February 2020.
Salary: Above National Living Wage for Brighton & Hove
Location: The beautiful PLATF9RM co-working space in Hove Town Hall
Open to: Graduates, or those who have completed degree-level qualifications
What you can expect to do at Fugu:
– Support campaigns for our varied clients, ranging from green transport schemes, charities, technology providers, business, social movements and the education sector
– Research to provide material for articles, content marketing and journalist outreach
– Research media and influencer contacts
– Audit publications for client opportunities
– Pitch in on campaign launches
– Contribute to team brainstorms
– Support campaign delivery and project schedules
– Scan databases such as Response Source and social media for reactive press opportunities
– News audits each morning and sharing most relevant stories
– Contribute to weekly news meetings
– Help create and post social media content, planning and community engagement
– Develop your writing skills for a range of different communication channels
Please apply before 5 January 2020 (sooner is better) by emailing email@example.com including your CV and answers to the following questions:
1. Three things you’d like to learn from us, and three things you can teach us
2. A 300-word article on the subject of why you think practical work experience can be worthwhile
3. Ideas or mock ups for social media posts to build interest in the new Shelter Hall development coming to Brighton’s seafront later in 2020. What would generate local interest before the food hall opens?
4. Your contact details, if you’re looking for a full or part-time internship or trainee role, plus your availability for an interview in January