We are looking for a graduate, writer and media enthusiast to fill a fully paid 6 month internship at Fugu.
We are a public relations and communications consultancy. We build awareness and manage reputations. We create the narratives that connect brands to their audience. From digital disruptors to arts groups and local charities, we work with clients that interest and excite us, who are looking to do things differently and share our values of positive impact.
You are a graduate with excellent writing skills who is seeking to develop a career PR. You enjoy researching and are able to work under pressure. You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and you want to be part of a team that takes an active interest in the wider community.
If this sounds like you, then please send us your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to join us on our journey and what you could bring to the team. For a complete run down of the expectations and responsibilities in the role, see the full job description below.
Closing date 19th February 2017. Email to email@example.com.
Fugu intern job description:
The role covers writing (blogging, press releases, features), media management, media planning, client management, social media research, writing and posting, liaising with partners, researching, database management and administration.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Building media databases, keeping them updated (in excel)
- Identifying new media opportunities (monitor media/papers/blogs for relevant contacts and relationship building with key writers)
- Online research
- Engaging key writers in client stories
- Distributing information to journalists and writers within their deadlines
- Attending and making notes from meetings
- Using media databases and online evaluation packages
- Writing strong and clear copy to tight deadlines
- Creating campaign reports
- Researching key social media themes in specific sectors/areas of interest
- Creating social media content – writing social media posts, sourcing and creating strong images, measuring impact of social media, scheduling posts, using key planning tools such as Buffer, Hootsuite, live tweeting etc.
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent written English, including spelling and grammar – able to write short concise paragraphs to communicate a narrative
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Computer literate, able to use essential Office software, Word and Excel in particular
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to plan diverse workload in diary and meet deadlines
- Ability to set up, use and schedule messages on social media platforms
- A self-starter – able to work on initiative, self-motivated and task focused
Other important personal skills/person specification:
- Sociable – able to get on quickly with a diverse groups of people
- Able to work within a team, support and take instructions and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of, and interest in, the UK media (including papers, magazines, TV/radio and online, social media, key digital influencers)
This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to build a career in PR. Applicants should be able to demonstrate previous interest and/or experience in communications. The post is full time and salary will be at the current living wage.