We are a public relations and communications consultancy. We build awareness and manage reputations. We create the narratives that connect brands to their audience. From digital disruptors to arts groups and local charities, we work with clients that interest and excite us, who are looking to do things differently, and who share our values of positive impact.
You are an enthusiastic communications professional, seeking your next challenge in the PR and media industry. You enjoy researching and are able to work under pressure. You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and you want to be part of a team that takes an active interest in the wider community. You thrive in a hands-on, fast paced work environment, and are looking to keep developing your growing media skills, including liaising with clients, building media relationships, developing content and supporting on social media campaigns.
If this sounds like you, then please send us your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to join us on our journey and how you hope Fugu can help you. For a complete run down of the expectations and responsibilities in the role, see the full job description below.
Closing date 24 April 2017.
Email to email@example.com.
About the role
The role includes the following duties, but will grow and develop dependent on the candidate’s interests and abilities:
- Writing strong and clear copy to tight deadlines, including press releases, feature articles and blog posts
- Supporting on client administration duties, including creating complete campaign reports, building and maintaining media databases
- Liaising with clients, attending meetings and recording accurate minutes
- Identifying new media opportunities (monitor media/papers/blogs for relevant contacts and building relationships with key writers)
- Contacting writers with relevant news and feature pitches
- Delivering social media campaigns – developing content and managing social accounts
- Attending industry events, launches and shows – networking with industry contacts
Key skills and experience
- Good written English, including spelling and grammar – able to write short concise paragraphs to communicate a story/message
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Analytical/research skills
- Good mathematical skills (able to calculate percentages from stats, essential/basic equations)
- Computer literate and experienced using (at a minimum) PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong social media content creation skills, confidence using all main channels and social media scheduling paltforms (e.g. HootSuite)
- Able to take responsibility and ownership of own project/workload
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to plan diverse workload in diary and meet deadlines
- Able to minute meetings (note and write up key action points concisely)
- Good overview/understanding and interest in UK media outlets (papers, magazines, TV/radio and online)
- Approximately one year of relevant working experience
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to develop research questions to develop media news hooks